The personal development of our students is at the forefront of our Enterprise Education Programme, where we provide opportunities for students to receive a high-quality careers education. Our aim is to enable our students to understand themselves, and provide all with opportunities to inspire, raise aspirations and challenge stereotypes.
Careers education is about taking an enterprising approach to teaching and learning to ensure excellence for all of our students. Careers education at Mortimer enables students to develop confidence, self-reliance, and a determination to succeed. Enterprise encourages all young people to learn and develop in a way that meets their needs, and develops: skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work.
Mortimer’s Careers Related Learning Programme has been designed with the Gatsby Benchmarks, and the CDI (Careers Development Institute) framework, in mind.
The Careers Related Learning Programme at Mortimer aims to:
- help all students to progress to positive destinations;
- empower our young people to plan and manage their own future;
- respond to the needs of each student;
- provide inclusive CIAG and LMI (Labour Market Information) to students, staff and parents/carers;
- raise aspirations and inspire all students;
- actively promote equality of opportunity and challenge stereotypes.