New School Uniform September 2017
Thank you for your attendance at last Thursday’s meeting and balanced views concerning the proposed uniform change. After taking into consideration parent’s, carer’s and student’s views, the new uniform will come into effect from 5th September 2017. Please see the attached sheet outlining our new school uniform requirements.
However, after listening to parents/carers there will be some assistance with this:
- In order that every student will have a school tie ready to wear for the 5th September, Mortimer would like to provide every student with one free tie that can be collected from the school reception on Wednesday 30th & Thursday 31st August 10.00 – 13.00.
- PE kit will have a 12 month phase in and will only be officially required in September 2018. The current PE kit and the new one will both be permitted from September 2017 – July 2018.
- To assist with the purchase of the new uniform, the school will also subsidise either one cardigan or jumper per student with a reduction of £6 from the actual price. Attached is a voucher that will have a unique reference number that can be redeemed at Initial Images against your first purchase of either a cardigan or jumper. The voucher must be presented at the time of purchase.
- All current year 10 students (i.e. next year’s year 11) have the choice of either continuing with the current uniform or purchasing the new uniform (shoes, trousers and the named type of skirts apply to both).
- Students will be allowed to wear a suitable plain, coat of their choice, but it must be taken off in the school buildings at all social times e.g. break, lunch.
Initial Images will be in a position to take uniform orders the week commencing 17th July 2017.
Thank you once again for your support and views you have shared with the school. Your support since I have arrived has been very much appreciated.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself if you have any queries.
Mr S Hignett Mr S Coldwell
Head Teacher Chair of Governors
Further Uniform Information